Friday, March 20, 2009

Federal Govn't makes a last ditch effort.

My mom told me about an issue on Glen Beck that covered a story that was unnoticed due to the AIG scandal involving billions of dollars. The crazy thing is that yesterday the Fed pumped 1 trillion dollars into the economy out of thin air. You will have to read the article and even then you still will be some what confused. Basically they loaned themselves money that they don't really have in order to pay for things that they can't afford so that it will cover the short term problem. The problem with this is that the long term effect is not good (ie inflation). By the way a trillion dollars is a lot of money, in fact the AIG scandal does not compare to what 1 trillion dollars does to an economy. Very interesting article and you should take a look at it. 1 John 2:6 is the scripture that is changing my life right now, read it when you get a chance and talk to the Lord about this one.
Headlines

3 comments:

  1. I do believe that we should be concerned with the direction our country is going. However, I refuse to pull my already departing hair over these things, mainly because I am a citizen a different country, one whose economy isn't in trouble, nor will it ever be. If this economy bothers you, and it should, become a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven. The King owns it all, and tells us not to worry about tomorrow (Matt 6:34)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are reading my blog Tim. I agree and I too am not fearing about the current financial meltdown. You should read some of the previous posts if you have not and see the encouragement that the Lord offers us during these times. These are just some things to remind us of where we are and to keep our attention on Christ. Thank you for the comment and continue to add comments and suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hyperinflation, here we come...we are already looking at stagflation...is there a such thing as hyperstagflation?

    Get your wheel barrels ready...we'll need them to buy a loaf of bread if they keep this up.

    ReplyDelete